For us, here at AusserGewöhnlich Berlin, this is a perfect example of the power of a sustainable network. It's about bringing people together to find solutions for global issues like fast-fashion waste.
Currently, apparel companies produce 53 million tonnes of clothing annually, and this number is expected to rise to 160 million tonnes in 2050. 21 billion pounds of textiles get sent to landfills annually in the United States alone.
Angelina Jolie’s Fashion Network and Sustainability
Jolie is a longtime advocate for social justice and environmental sustainability. She has said that she believes that fashion can be a powerful force for good in the world.
"Atelier Jolie is a platform for impact fashion startups to connect with each other, share resources, and learn from each other," Jolie said in a statement. "I believe that together, we can create a more sustainable and equitable fashion industry."
Atelier Jolie: Angelina Jolie’s Fashion Network
launched with the intention of redefining the fashion industry, Atelier Jolie promotes responsible consumption, and ethical production, and fosters a strong network among leading fashion icons, innovative designers, and burgeoning startups. Much like other dynamic sectors of business and technology, fashion, too, needs these formidable connections to thrive, innovate, and achieve a sustainable future. This need brings us to SDG17,
which places partnership and collaboration at the core of achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
Angelina Jolie’s Fashion Network for SDG 17
Through SDG 17, the United Nations emphasizes the importance of building partnerships and collaborations to meet our shared goals. Angelina Jolie's Atelier Jolie is a potent embodiment of this principle, creating a global, impact-focused fashion network that fosters connection, knowledge exchange, and collaborative growth.
But how can a budding entrepreneur running a startup learn these networking skills? It's a nuanced art, a set of soft skills that are essential to success.
The Berlin Connection: Impact Fashion Networking
Here in Berlin, we are on the path to becoming the Global Impact Capital. News like this only inspires us to forge ahead and create even larger networks of like-minded individuals. Berlin may not be known as the fashion capital, but the city's vibrant and rich culture has fostered a unique sense of style.
There is a vibrant sustainable fashion community in our city with numerous noteworthy businesses worth following.
Here are some examples:
- Studio183: is a concept store and showroom in Berlin that focuses on sustainable and ethical fashion, art, and design. It showcases a curated selection of independent designers and brands committed to sustainability and innovation.
- POOL Berlin: a subscription wardrobe, with a showroom to say goodbye to wasteful shopping. We imagine fashion as a service, where users subscribe to a platform that gives them a risk-free way of enjoying new clothes. When they’re done with them, they can be returned and worn by someone else, while unwanted and damaged pieces are recycled into more great clothes.
- Fashion Revolution Deutschland: is a global movement advocating for transparency and ethics in the fashion industry. Fashion Revolution Germany organizes events, campaigns, and workshops to raise awareness about sustainable fashion practices.
- MOEON: is a sustainable brand offering women's clothing and accessories made with eco-friendly materials like organic cotton and Tencel®. They prioritize transparency, providing detailed information about their products origins, and focus on timeless designs and high-quality craftsmanship for a conscious approach to fashion.
- VINTAGE REVIVALS: is a German contemporary second-hand brand offering unique vintage clothing and accessories for women and men from past decades of fashion. VR’s major mission is to give old garments a second life and to create new on-trend looks. Our passion for preloved fashion and timeless styles inspired us to create a label designed for people who stand out in a crowd.
The Call to Action: Enroll in 17ACADEMY Global Networker Course
Networks are important to achieve great goals.
Undoubtedly, Angelina Jolie's Fashion Network Atelier Jolie has set a remarkable example in this regard, inspiring startup founders and leaders worldwide.
If sustainable networking and collaboration are skills you've always wanted to master, we've got the 17ACADEMY
We offer the ultimate course for global networkers for SDG 17 - Partnerships for the Goals, giving you superpowers in networking in four weeks.
In the words of Angelina Jolie, "Make bold choices and make mistakes. It's all those things that add up to the person you become." Embrace the opportunity to learn, grow, and build impactful networks that transform the fashion industry and beyond.
Why are we doing this? We aim to create a global alliance of impactful individuals.
It's time to break out of our shells, connect globally, and revolutionize the world we live in today.
Angelina, if you find yourself in Berlin, we would be more than happy to welcome you in our AusserGewöhnlich Berlin community. AusserGewöhnlich Berlin
-Community begrüßen zu dürfen.